We are building the world's premier Operational Intelligence platform for Blockchain. We strive to develop our systems by observing the best practices of our craft; this means writing testable, performant, easy to maintain and constantly improving code, while enabling our company to iterate our product fast and stay ahead.
These are the early days of our platform, and as a Senior Frontend Engineer you will be able to contribute, influence and take ownership in significant parts of our products, including their UI/UX.
If you are a Senior Frontend Engineer, with a solid understanding of design systems, large modular and testable Typescript applications, with passion for great software products and visualizations, join us!
What this position is all about:
- Designing and developing the frontend SPAs that will constitute the bulk of our product offerings for Blockchain Operational Intelligence. You will be expected to demonstrate expertise in writing testable Typescript using React/Redux, a keen eye for performant, intuitive modern web applications and passion for making the best products possible.
- Working under a Scrum or Kanban framework and releasing product increments on a continuous basis.
- Owning your work. This means writing unit tests, observability/instrumentation and documentation for your code, as well as resolving issues and fixing bugs whenever they make their appearance.
- Understanding, participating and contributing to the company goals, regardless of your role. Metrika is a small company with a very inclusive culture. We are looking for people that share those values with us and can work well across teams and individual roles.
Please note: Our Engineering team is predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to those resident and currently able to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Liechtenstein), Switzerland, the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters or higher degrees preferred.
- Considerable experience in building production-grade modern SPAs using React/Redux. Experience with programming in Typescript is a plus, as are experience in hooks-based React and jest/enzyme.
- Excellent understanding of TDD, agile development methodology and use of distributed version control systems.
- The ability to function autonomously to solve problems, and deliver working software. Our geographic distribution requires people that can work well on their own.
- The ability to communicate well with your
team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a
positive, constructive team member.
You'll probably be a great fit if you have:
- Experience with building monitoring, analytics, BI and visualization systems.
- Familiarity with the blockchain world and technologies.
- Experience in SSR/SSG React-based frameworks, e.g. next.js, gatsby.js
- Experience with end-to-end testing web frameworks and technologies, e.g. Selenium.
- Experience in implementing design systems using React, as well as familiarity with Figma/Sketch-driven frontend application design.