About the jobCompany Description
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash Core Web team is building out future web experiences and systems across Cash App. We are responsible for building products and features, and the foundation environments and systems they are built with. We collaborate with and support numerous product teams across Cash App, including Banking, Payments, Commerce, Support, and Marketing.
The Web Infrastructure team is an engineering-driven team that builds and maintains infrastructure that powers our web experiences. We span a broad spectrum of web server development; from service architecture, availability, content delivery networks, to libraries and frameworks used across multiple services to render and deliver web content. The team supports both product and business goals. We are responsible for the availability, cost, and security of our systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Web Infrastructure you will work together with the team to:
- Build the future server architecture to power the web frontend projects across Cash App, including hosting, deployment, traffic routing, and performance
- Bring experience and knowledge to the team, advancing the web profession at Cash App, and learning from others along the way
- Own the full traffic path from CDN edge ingestion, to traffic routing, to request handling
- Work with product and marketing teams to increase their velocity from idea to shipping
- Take part in dynamic, fast paced product development cycles. Ship incrementally, often multiple times per week
- Build and operate privacy and security hardening mechanisms in applied security situations and threat mitigation
- Investigate new server technology stacks to unlock experiences for client teams like server side rendering
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with their money
- A demonstrated desire to perform and grow as a full stack web engineer and educate others on the team
- A strong depth and breadth of experience crafting and shipping wholistic web applications
- Demonstrated technical initiative
- Server: Java, Kotlin, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services, CDNs, Event-driven microservice architecture
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.