About the jobEmpower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Role: Senior Software Engineering Manager, Nifty Gateway
We are seeking a senior engineering manager for the Payments dev team at Nifty Gateway. The Payments team handles everything relating to how money moves around the Nifty Gateway platform – buying NFTs, selling NFTs, royalties for artists & collaborators, and handling cryptocurrency, crypto wallets, credit cards, banks, and exchanges. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping the fullstack Payments team define their roadmap, plans, and goals, helping them achieve those goals, and guiding each team member to develop their career at Nifty Gateway. Your team will be building out the frontier of an emerging field and tools for some of the world’s best digital art!
- Create and evolve a structure and organization design for your team
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Make hiring plans and hiring decisions
- Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance
- Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time.
- Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adapt the team’s plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
- 5+ years of experience in software development & delivery
- 4+ years of managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- Experience in technology relating to payments, accounting, and/or financial products
- Technical aptitude to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Familiarity with the Django framework, PostgreSQL, and ReactJS.
- Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners.
- Experience working with Solidity & Web3.py, among other tools.
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology, including the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts
- Familiarity and interest with nifties and digital collectibles as a product.
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum protocols is also hugely helpful
- Startup scaled company experience
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development