About the jobWe have a commitment to a happy, healthy, inclusive and productive workplace. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
We’re hiring for a Software Developer for our East Hanover or New York City office, with the option to work remotely. Friedman is proud to be at the forefront of this emerging industry, providing digital currency services to both domestic and international clients. Our expertise enables digital currency and distributed ledger technology companies, from start-ups to mature businesses, knowing that their accounting, reporting, and tax compliance requirements are properly managed and assessed. As we have been the leader of auditing the emerging industry, we continue to expand our practice fueled by new client acquisitions and growth of our existing client businesses, growth is limitless! Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the build of programs, scripts or bots to automate manual tasks and build current systems
- Test and debug programs
- Work with a small team within the larger organization to build new features
- Assist in gaining an understanding of and documenting client digital currency systems, including but not limited to, node setup, wallet structures, key generation, scripts utilized and general system understanding
- Research digital currency and blockchain information as it relates to our clients
- Assist in developing procedures and industry best practices for a new and evolving asset class
- Stay up to date with changes in the digital currency and blockchain industry, including but not limited to, trends (i.e. DeFi, NFTs), Improvement Proposals, 51% attacks, and forks
- Communicate effectively with engagement teams
- Communicate with Managers and Partners on work status and any issues that arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years' experience using Python and Linux; strong skills required
- 3+ years' experience working with NoSQL or SQL databases, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), PyTest and Flask
- Ability to multitask and be involved with several complex projects at once
- Prior experience in the digital currency space and intermediate understanding of digital currencies and blockchain technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a large emphasis on being detail-oriented
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, on a continuous basis and with multiple projects, as new information unfolds throughout the project
- Experience with digital currency nodes
- Experience with REST APIs
- Software Experience – Microsoft Office 365, Node.JS, Amazon Web Service (AWS), Github, and Power BI
Since 1924, Friedman LLP established itself as the premier advisor within the middle market business sector. With a forward thinking approach, Friedman has expanded on core audit and tax services with diverse advisory consulting services including: China Consulting; Forensic, Litigation Support & Valuation Services, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity Consulting and Digital Currency.
Ranked #1 in Vault’s 2020 Best Culture in the Accounting Industry, the Friedman Experience offers an inclusive environment where professionals are developed into respected business leaders, while helping our community navigate their businesses in an evolving world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friedman LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Friedman LLP will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with qualified disabilities according to Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lea Chown at [email protected] All requests will be held in strict confidence.