About the job
A well-funded for the next 3 years of growth, Series A startup backed by the top VCs and advisors (Dragonfly Capital, Electric Capital, Jump crypto, Wintermute, Galaxy Digital, Coinbase Ventures, and others), is looking for passionate Software Engineers to join their team.
The company’s flagship product is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, built from the ground up with first principles. The team comes from Airbnb, Facebook, NASA, Amazon, Bain, and other top companies.
The mission is to build the most seamless decentralized trading experience, and to allow traders to access products previously impossible in DeFi. You will have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art technology that will disrupt the future of trading.
If you are excited about working on the most cutting edge problems in DeFi that will have a massive impact on the industry as a whole, this is the role for you. You will make a big business impact, realize creative ideas, and build an amazing culture driven by intellectual curiosity and collaborative spirit.
This role is remote friendly. Physical location within Miami is preferred due to co-location opportunities with the team members, but it is not a requirement.
- Write low latency financial software that will process billions of dollars a day worth of trading volume, including order book matching engines, trading engines, and REST & Websocket APIs
- Build high performance APIs to power trading terminal, expose access to programmatic traders, and interface with our institutional partners
- Write open source SDKs that allow users to interact directly with the on-chain smart contracts
- Develop software that complements decentralized applications, such as high performance transaction relayers
- Design and implement robust backend systems to improve company’s core exchange product. This will span areas like database modeling, optimizing uptime, latency, and throughput, data warehousing and more.
- Lead backend development for new exchange features like intelligent order routing or the introduction of novel asset types.
- Assist with and streamline partner integrations
- Work together with multi-functional teams to develop the best overall product
- 2+ years experience of software engineering experience working on the backend for complex distributed systems
- Track record of success driving complex technical projects from beginning to end
- You write secure, efficient, high quality code and have a strong understanding of CS fundamentals
- Strong networking and security fundamentals
- Strong mastery of some of the common backend development languages like Go, Rust, Java, Python, etc.
- You are a fast learner who can quickly master new technologies
- A BS in CS or related field from a top CS program
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience working on high quality products in the finance or security space
- Strong interest in decentralized finance
- Interest or knowledge in building blockchain applications (Smart Contracts) in Solidity, Rust
- Experience with AWS
- Startup experience
- Interest in fullstack development. Experience building Web Services, SQL, CSS, React
- Preferred location is Miami
- Please submit your resume and Linkedin Profile to [email protected]
- Put “Software Engineer, Backend, series A startup” in the subject line
- Optional – we read all cover letters! Tell us why you are excited to learn more about the role