Software Engineer - Blockchain (Chain Connectivity)
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Our Blockchain team is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods. The Blockchain team is responsible for scaling current and new blockchain integrations as well as managing our blockchain nodes and infrastructure.
As a Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch - taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our tokenized commodities platforms
- Integrate with multiple blockchains and develop a deep understanding for the underlying technologies
- Scale transaction processing systems to service millions of customers
- Provide a common interface to interact with blockchain services to the rest of the company
- Develop distributed microservices in Go
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 1-4 years software development experience in one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++, Python
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience in one blockchain related concept such as Smart Contracts, consensus algorithms, signing cryptography, or the varied nuances between different chains.
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Domain knowledge in any one of the following: Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!