About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken .
- Develop and maintain core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading engine
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Improve site performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability applications
- Construct dynamically scaleable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product roadmap accomplishments
- Prior experience in at least one of the following using Linux - distributed and/or highly-concurrent systems; low-latency and/or high-volume transaction environments
- 3+ years experience working with C++
- High level of proficiency in Python, Java, and SQL strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced order types, trading systems, and financial products
- Experience engineering for cloud systems (AWS, Google and/or Microsoft)
- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain familiarity highly preferable
- Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritize tasks and adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
- BS in a technical or quantitative field
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn