About the job
Total compensation: Highly competitive
Eclipse builds customizable, modular infrastructure to scale blockchains. Our backers include Polychain, Tribe Capital, and the Solana Foundation.
Fundraise announcement tweet
We make blockchains scale by separating the “slow” part of blockchains (consensus) from executing programs (execution) and storing block data (data availability). With our infrastructure, any application can spin out as its own blockchain without increasing its security risk.
Our full-time Senior Protocol Engineer will work on the development of mission-critical systems in addition to managing a small engineering team.
Technical Project Description
This project is a mix of sophisticated systems design in addition to applying cutting-edge zero-knowledge research. This role will require managing the engineering team to build out the system architecture while coordinating with our team of researchers. We are happy to hop on a call to talk through the project and share further materials.
At a high level, the Solana blockchain is monolithic: it attempts to do several things at once, including executing programs, storing data, and establishing the final block ordering. We break up these functions to create high-throughput modular rollups. We will enable users to deploy their apps as their own Solana VM “app rollups.”
Our Rust codebase is a fork of the Solana blockchain. Down the line, to implement the zero-knowledge settlement, we might need to make modifications to LLVM.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience at companies with high reputation engineering teams
- Previous experience working on a cryptocurrency product - ideally infrastructure
- Experience managing other engineers
- Strong expertise in low-level computer language
- Understanding of compilers, LLVM
- Familiarity with zero-knowledge tech
- At least 3+ years of software engineering experience at companies with high reputation engineering teams
- Willingness to learn about cryptocurrency infrastructure - we will provide materials
- Experience with Rust
- Bachelor’s in EECS, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working in an innovative and energetic team that designs and implements cryptocurrency technologies that influence both our company’s products and the industry at large.