About the jobAbout Us
Here at MVB, our company culture defines the environment in which Team Members thrive. Our culture impacts a wide range of elements, including our purpose, values, expectations and goals that support growth and engagement – it is the secret sauce of our organization!
Our values live at the core of all that we do – Trust, Commitment, Teamwork, Adaptive, Respect, Love and Caring are our foundation for success. We are committed to fostering an environment focused on diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome Team Members from all walks of life. Join Team MVB today!
MVB Financial Corp. (“MVB Financial” or “MVB”), an innovative financial holding company, is publicly traded on The Nasdaq Capital Market® under the ticker “MVBF.” Through its subsidiary MVB Bank, Inc., and the Bank’s subsidiaries, including MVB Edge Ventures, the company provides banking services to individuals and corporate clients, as well as acquiring and issuing sponsorships, banking-as-a-service and cryptocurrency to fintech and gaming clients throughout the United States.
This role can be based 100% remotely.
About The Role
This position’s primary focus is to facilitate greater visibility into the Company’s financial performance and to enhance processes and efficiencies for the Company’s internal and external reporting requirements (Senior Management, Board of Directors, SEC, FDIC, Federal Reserve, etc.). It will also contribute to efforts to automate and standardize reporting across the organization, taking internal reporting and automating its conversion to required external reporting, including reporting requirements for the SEC, FDIC and the Federal Reserve. This position assist in the compilation of materials that provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, financial analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This position is responsible for preparing financial information that is provided to internal and external recipients and acts as the analytical engine of the Company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making, as well as the execution of prime strategies for financial performance enhancement.
What You’ll Do
- Produce, analyze and review internal and external reporting, including SEC reporting, FDIC and Federal Reserve regulatory reporting, FHLB reporting, management reporting, board reporting, and ad hoc reporting, and investor and other financial presentations
- Develop and maintain reports from various systems, including the Prologue general ledger system, Cognos Business Intelligence, Jack Henry Xperience, and Workiva (Wdesk and Wdata)
- Create and enhance automated processes for internal and external reporting to drive efficiencies and improve performance
- Support Senior Management and Cost Center Managers with in-depth analysis of financial reporting
- Support the external audit reviews and other various examinations
- Perform special projects related to financial reporting on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Three to five years of financial reporting experience
- Three to five years of banking experience
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills
- Ability to understand and derive data relationships
- Data analysis, leadership, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, driven, and self-motivated
MVB Financial Corp., (“MVB”) offers an excellent selection of benefits for regular, part-time and full-time Team Members, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- 401K Salary Deferral Plan
- Wellness Program
- Education & Tuition Expense Reimbursement
- Unique Vacation Purchase Program
- Bitcoin Savings Program
- Nationwide Pet Insurance Coverage