About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop across their enterprise and consume data feeds in real-time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a critical source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader in building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
About this role:
- This job is a member of CoinDesk Indices within the Engineering team.
- Responsible for engineering solutions to business problems at CoinDesk Indices by participating in all phases of the development process from conception through deployment while, advocating the Agile methodology, TDD, BDD, and using object-oriented development best practices to, model, design, construct and test reusable objects.
- Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads, and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop software needs according to business requirements
- Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Minimum 5 years of Full Stack Developer experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
- Minimum 5 years of professional, design, and open-source experience
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Programming: Python, or C#, Java
- Database: SQL and/or NoSQL
- Cloud-based development: AWS functions
- Third party tools: Kafka, Redis
- Web Services/API Layer: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML)
- Front-end: React, NextJS, CSS, HTML
- Build/dev tools: Docker, Git
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles
- Experience in DevOps methodologies, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Trunk Based Development
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $160,000 to $200,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
Please note that only a member of CoinDesk’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @coindesk.com or @coindesk-indices.com email in regards to any and all opportunities at CoinDesk. Disregard emails from any other addresses or persons. If you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our te to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!