About the jobAre you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metallicus, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are actively seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team and provide highly detailed bookkeeping and organizational skills in a fast paced, high growth, start-up company. This person will be able to pivot from one project to the next, quickly and efficiently. They will also be responsible for preparing monthly reconciliations, journal entries, complete month-end close responsibilities, AP/AR, run and maintain payroll, and full cycle accounting practices.
What You'll Do:
- Track and update daily, weekly and monthly financial metrics and reports
- Create, and track journal entries and accruals for monthly financial close
- Conduct research and reconciliation on complex invoices
- Process payroll for company employees
- Participate in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Prepare detailed Digital Asset schedules
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities, contributing to PBC schedules, narratives, etc
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- This person must be available to work a schedule within normal business hours of Pacific Standard Time Zone
- Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, V-lookups, SumIF, etc.)
- Ability to navigate Quickbooks easily
- Experience with Gusto and Bill.com
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- Highly detail oriented
- Works well in a fast paced, high-growth startup, with an ever changing environment
- Experience in Fintech preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of data
- Willingness to learn!
- Interested in cryptocurrency!
- Comfortable with large amounts of data!
- Comfortable being in a start up company!
- Minimal experience okay (fresh grads encouraged to apply). We will train!