About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
We are looking for motivated, detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for beautiful design that delivers meaningful experiences to our customers and continuing fantastic results for our rapidly expanding business. All designers on our team collaborate closely with product, marketing, researchers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when creative people roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
At Kraken we’re building an adventure, one that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create entirely new, delightful experiences for millions of customers across the 100+ countries Kraken operates in.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Strategically lead the creative direction and development of the brand for one of the leading cryptocurrency and technology companies in the world
- Your impact will be a force multiplier, amplifying efforts to improve our design, brand and business
- Mentor, influence and coach other designers
- Take a leading role in the realization of our vision for crypto
- Work closely with our Creative Design Director to develop and refine the Kraken brand and its design implementation
- Lead and guide a passionate Creative Design team responsible for strategizing, ideating and producing a variety of modern design assets
- Review, maintain and evolve the design of the Kraken product suite, as well as various Kraken sub-brands such as Kraken Intelligence and Kraken Ventures
- Lead design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Create high quality, delightful design - leading teams of designers, researchers, animators, content specialists, and illustrators
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Collaborate with teams across the company from marketing to product to engineering
- Work holistically across film, animation, illustration, product design and graphic design
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detail
- Innovate and explore the edges of technology and creativity
- Design experience in startups or agencies, working with a variety of teams on a multitude of projects
- Fluent in leading design and branding projects, from setting the direction and strategy to delivering final design
- A strong portfolio showcasing detail-oriented design work, strategic thinking and provocative creative
- Excellence in typography, color and layout skills across both traditional print and digital design
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to showcase work, rationalize decisions and communicate concepts
- Mastery of Adobe CC, and a working knowledge of Figma
- Ability to work independently, drive multiple projects at a time, and iterate quickly
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, emerging industry with a variety of design challenges
- Experience in Crypto or an avid fan of the industry
- Remote working experience
- Experience with animation motion
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn