About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
You will have the opportunity to help mobilize and enable an active community of followers, creators, curators and collectors who will help us shape the future of our new marketplace and the evolution of digital ownership in web 3.0. We’re looking for a bold, creative partner who will help lay our foundation as well as evolve what it means to be an NFT marketplace. Join our rapidly growing global, decentralized and fully remote team to help build the NFT marketplace of the future.
We’re looking for product designers who can help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re looking for creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
We are looking for detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for beautiful design that addresses real customer needs, collaborates with our UXR team to evaluate their decisions, and thinks strategically alongside our Product Managers to deliver results for our rapidly expanding business. Designers on our team collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, product managers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when teams roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Take a leading role in the ideation and realization of our vision for Kraken’s offerings in the NFT space
- Strategically lead the development of standards and guidelines that clarify expectations for the design team
- Mentor, influence and coach other designers
- Lead the creation of high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers
- A systems thinker who can balance business objectives, consumer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to prototypes, to production
- Actively lead design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full ownership of the work and total responsibility for every last detail
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Evangelize the definition and expansion of new and existing design systems
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from leadership
- An interest in NFTs and digital assets in general
- Deep knowledge of the competitive NFT marketplace and community building landscapes
- Advanced prototyping skills, basic coding knowledge preferred
- User Interface design experience of six or more years
- Successful delivery of multiple consumer products
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to rationalize design decisions and ground them in research before assuming success
- Subject Matter Experts with methods grounded in human-centered design and research
- A desire to take a leading role in a rapidly growing and evolving design team, helping shape its culture and operations
- Highly functional and organized individuals who enjoy spontaneity
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
- A consumer of our products
- Active in the NFT community in some way: a creator, thought contributor, collector, or follower and can demonstrate this
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn