About the jobTel-Aviv, Israel - hybrid mode
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing Authentication Engineering team. The team is responsible for building the enterprise authentication service to identify portal and platform API’s users. The majority of cybercriminals target weak authentication and login mechanisms when attacking platforms and exploiting businesses.
Our challenges include enterprise-grade security, scalability, reliability, availability, etc. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch - taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our crypto-brokerage platform.
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Lead code reviews, advocate for higher quality and engineering efficiency and help onboard new members into your team
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Experienced in enterprise-grade security, scalability and a reliable new-age customer identity and access management (CIAM)
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Able to apply both OO and functional style to coding
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expert in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, DAST, AAA implementation
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency systems
- Familiar with web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance B2B2C APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant security assessment
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.