Stardust is powering the Metaverse, an interconnected world of blockchain and NFT enabled games.
We're building the future of gaming - and we don't say that lightly. Think of us as the foundation for Metaverse economies connecting games, finance, the future of work, fashion and more. The infrastructure for Ready Player One if you will. We're developing backend technology to power new gamer-first economies.
As a SaaS, blockchain agnostic, platform – we offer a seamless “low code” integration of NFTs for game studios; and looking for players who think big, build bigger, and want to turn crazy ideas into reality.
Are you ready to play?
Stardust seeks a Staff Software Backend Engineer to build and design our products. This person will report to the Head of Backend Engineer, and will leverage their professional experience and technical skillset; owning the payment systems and integration build out.
- Architect and implement performant payment systems/integrations for our core API and marketplace features
- Mentor junior team members on best practices to approaching large ambiguous problems
- Use and promote communicable paradigms such as SOLID to improve team and product quality
- Migrate legacy systems to a scalable maintainable state
- 6+ years of industry experience building distributed and scalable payment systems
- Expert knowledge of payment gateway and ancillary service integrations
- Expert knowledge of Postgres (AWS RDS)
- Experience with distributed systems and relational databases
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code
- Experience using design patterns and other engineering best practices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Ability to add code quality tools to systems e.g. linters, static analysis, profilers, remote debuggers
- Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- Familiarity with Stripe Connect, Payout, Tax, and Radar
- Passion for blockchain and / or games
- Prior experience in a high growth startup