About the job
Digital Asset Research (DAR) is seeking a Junior System Administrator for its fast-growing cryptocurrency data business, surveying the broad universe of tokens and providing real-time pricing around the clock and the globe. In this middle office-type role, the System Administrator will help to maintain our existing infrastructure in different cloud environments and build our SRE team in future.
This is an excellent opportunity for a crypto enthusiast, but the role does not require a crypto background and candidates looking to enter the industry are encouraged to apply. The position is remote only to start.
As a high-growth startup in the rapidly evolving crypto space, DAR offers a unique opportunity to create the next generation of solutions that will set the standard for digital asset data quality. With a collaborative environment that’s focused on ideas rather than seniority, we empower our team to take ownership of delivering high quality products to our clients while maintaining a high degree of autonomy. Our mission is to drive the future of crypto data and we invest in learning opportunities for our team members, both those new to the industry and crypto veterans, to ensure we’re at the forefront of what’s next in the space.
- Build and maintain our infrastructure in AWS/Singlestore/Avien and improve its performance, resiliency, availability as well as cost effectiveness.
- Work with our software engineers and other teams to debug and improve our processing and delivery systems.
- Provide ongoing maintenance/support/upgrades of Internal IT infrastructure like google workspace, slack, JIRA.etc.
- Act as support engineer to communicate, research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner
- 3+ years’ experience in Linux/AWS system administration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and technology
- Ability to collaborate and self-start in equal measures.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Financial services experience is a plus
- SQL/bash/python/GitHub skills are a plus.