About the jobAt TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the globe. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime on an unprecedented scale.
TRM’s Network Intelligence team is responsible for monitoring the flows of data on blockchain networks. We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager with a deep understanding of (or interest to learn) blockchain protocol development that will lead projects from research and ideation to feasibility in production. In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand your existing software engineering and applied research expertise, and ultimately help build a safer financial system for billions of people.
Your Responsibilities Could Include
- Lead and develop a team of talented, high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership.
- Provide regular coaching and technical mentorship to your immediate team as well as the broader engineering department.
- Take direct responsibility for the quality and delivery of the team's work, and manage the end-to-end availability and performance of critical services.
- Drive work based on goals and measurable outcomes that are accountable to KPIs.
- Encourage best practices in design and usability, creating scalable engines with thorough documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve production incidents through to resolution.
- Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objectives and identify upcoming opportunities and risks.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience building real-time and distributed system architecture, from whiteboard to production.
- Strong understanding or interest in acquiring knowledge in any Blockchain at the protocol level and Networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear documentation and succinct communication are very important.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and set and meet goals.
- Mastery of time management skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility in work schedule to coordinate amongst global timezones.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills to foster relationships with developers.
TRM Labs is a blockchain intelligence company that helps financial institutions, crypto businesses and government agencies detect and investigate crypto-related financial crime and fraud. Our products are trusted by leading companies including PayPal, Visa, Uniswap, Anchorage, and federal agencies such as the FBI and Dept. of Treasury. Every day, we tackle challenges in data engineering, data science, and threat intelligence to advance our mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
To accomplish our mission, we have raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, Citi, PayPal, Block, Tiger Global and Bessemer. Our team is made up of world class experts from the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, US Treasury Department, McKinsey, Coinbase, and top-tier tech companies.
TRM is a remote-first workplace, with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC and London. We are looking for people with grit, passion, and humility to join our global team.
- Impact Oriented Trailblazer - We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- Master Craftsperson - We execute efficiently to achieve goals through good judgment, velocity, and grit.
- Inspiring Colleague - We elevate team performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positive energy.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA, and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Paid time for vacations, volunteering, sick leave, and generous parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Professional learning and development stipends