About the jobCompany Description
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
- Engage with customers to understand product requirements and desired timelines.
- Understand the cloud ecosystem markets, competition, and user requirements in-depth. Keep apprised of new technologies/services and identify opportunities to automate/simplify/enhance the existing platform
- Handle all aspects of product information including timelines, prioritization, scope definition and Product Backlog
- Identify and prioritize cloud features based on value to app teams and cost to build and deploy.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize features and determine the best technical implementation methods.Partner with engineering project managers to build and deploy cloud product features.
- Obtain product feature feedback from the app teams and refine/optimize features to maximize value.
- Evaluate the undifferentiated heavy lifting of operating in house solutions versus adopting cloud native services
- Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions
- 8 or more years of implementing and managing platforms and workloads on AWS/GCP platforms Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, and/or supply chain networks.
- Working knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/others) and awareness of current service offerings
- Adequate awareness of networking principles, compliance and security issues related to the cloud.
- Solutions architecture and/or sw engineering experience with cloud services
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to inspire team members, stakeholders and our engineering customers.
- Experience in interpreting and communicating technical requirements to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to identify and explain challenges to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience communicating engineering technical challenges that may affect business timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence and build consensus in a collaborative way..
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.