About the jobCompany Description
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) focused on Corporate Technology, you'll use your technical expertise to lead our highest priority, complex, cross-functional programs that affect the entire company. From employee productivity solutions to enterprise software development initiatives, you will help accelerate delivery of technical programs at scale by guiding teams, making data-driven decisions, managing risks, and communicating with executives and partners. TPMs at Block are masters at managing multiple programs at the same time, you are equally comfortable leading Executive Steering Committees as you are with hashing out technical project details.
- Manage technology programs from inception to closure, including resource allocation, scope/schedule/budget management to ensure successful delivery
- Partner with Engineering and Product Managers to ensure projects delivery intended business benefits and objectives
- Proactively anticipate and manage risks, issues, and decisions to improve delivery predictability
- Remove impediments for the project teams
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams
- Contribute to the maturation of tools and processes to simplify delivery execution
- Manage communication of progress/status with executives and other project partners
- Exemplify transparency and compassionate assertiveness
- Lead with curiosity and a commitment to continuous process improvement
- Celebrate team accomplishments
- 6+ years of technical project management experience in software application development in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Okta implementations or other Identity Management Services
- Experience with information security, directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.), user lifecycle management
- Strong leadership skills; Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
- An active project management certification (PMP, PMP-ACP, PgMP, etc)
- Hands-on experience leading projects using Jira for Agile delivery management
- Experience using Google Suite, SmartSheets
- Experience in workflow systems implementation
- Hands-on experience deriving and maintaining RACI matrices to clarify project roles and responsibilities
- Experience and comfort in managing project teams that are fully remote
- Familiarity with user enablement / change management
- Partner with Product Management on the introduction of new engineering processes/workflows and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups
- Experience leading project-focused executive-level Steering Committee meetings
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- IT Security certification (CISSP, CISM, Security+, etc)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.