Who we are
The Nomad core team believes in an interconnected world where disparate blockchain ecosystems can securely communicate with each other in a trust-minimized way. Nomad enables developers to build cross-chain applications such as token bridges, NFT bridges, and cross-chain governance solutions. Nomad is the foundation in the modular interoperability stack, and enables truly novel use-cases and applications in an ever-expanding multi-chain world.
The Nomad core team views cross-chain messaging as a vital piece of technology for the success of the space, which must remain accessible. We are committed to this vision and are building the premier solution that will allow everyone to continue to securely participate in the cross-chain future.
About this role
The SDK team is responsible for creating and supporting the developer experience for Nomad. Our users have bridged $300+ million dollars to date and the SDK is the primary way for developers to build on top of Nomad.
Blockchain is hard. Cross-chain is hard to the power of the number of chains involved. As a core member of the team, you'll ideate, implement, and iterate on making complex cross-chain interactions feel seamless.
Outcomes we expect from you
- Helping us with our Typescript-based projects
- Managing Deploys of EVM chains
- Working on SDK features
- Writing services to automate protocol interactions
- Own product features for the sdk packages from idea ➝ code ➝ launch
- Iterate on what an ideal developer experience should feel like
- Collaborate with engineering on technical direction and vision
- Support xApps such as the Nomad Bridge and other partner xApps
- Automating the npm package release process
- Maintaining versioned documentation
- Whatever ideas you come up to help devs build
Who you are
- You have experience in shipping projects in crypto
- You have the ability to navigate large amounts of complexity autonomously.
- You have experience in Typescript and managing the whole lifecycle of shipping a developer-facing SDK (including testing ).
- You have EVM competency. You understand how the EVM works and the different moving parts (e.g transactions). You can navigate Etherscan with ease.
- You can quickly understand and navigate the Nomad protocol, both the concepts and code.
Who you are
- 3+ years of engineering experience with modern web technologies
- Fluency in Typescript
- Experience releasing packages to npm
- Prior crypto work experience is a plus, but is not required
We believe benefits should serve the team, and are committed to a continuous benefits feedback cycle to ensure the team's needs are met. Current benefits include:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Access to Professional 1:1 coaching
- Fully remote working environment and Flexible work hours
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision insurance (US-only)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) (US-only)
- Company-sponsored off-sites
- Opportunity to travel to and speak at conferences and hackathons
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. Our work is stronger and better when we are able to bring a variety of perspectives together. Please consider applying if you feel that your background will contribute to furthering our mission at Nomad. We value inclusivity, kindness, and authenticity, and are committed to building a supportive environment where everyone can do their best work.