About the job
What you’ll be doing:
You’re a US tax professional who eats, drinks and sleeps the ins and outs of tax and Crypto tax. You love presenting and networking, in fact, your dream job is getting out there and speaking in the press, at events, on podcasts, webinars and writing thought leadership articles. You have, or would like to build, a profile as a well respected tax expert who is looked upon to offer expertise and commentary on all aspects of Crypto tax, from market trends, to mergers, to leading particular areas of research.
You are confident, articulate, experienced in leading webinars, public speaking, and media appearances.
As the Koinly.io Tax specialist you will be the centralised point of authority on US’s Tax regulations, particularly, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Transactions. This is an opportunity to work alongside a broad range of organisations such as Governments, Tier 1 accountants, Exchanges, Funds, and Blockchain Enterprises to advise on their Crypto Tax offering and meet regulatory requirements.
About Koinly 👇
- One of the fastest growing Crypto Tax Calculators in the world with solid product market fit.
- Trusted and loved: see what our customers say
- Used by hundreds of thousands of investors, accountants and a partner to crypto exchanges.
Our users get through their crypto taxes in 20 mins; many will save days or weeks, filing their crypto taxes for the first time giving them the confidence to build a portfolio for the long term.
Build a product that can impact the world 🌍
There are over 300m crypto users worldwide. We are building tools to enable further widespread adoption of cryptocurrency by automating the regulatory hurdles of tax compliance and asset tracking.
Come and shape the future of crypto with us.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next, the product vision will enable Koinly to empower crypto investors to make the best decisions for their financial future.
Join a diverse team for the best work of your life 🌟
In just a few years we have gone from launching to one of the leaders in this space. Join a dynamic environment with a diverse mix of founders, crypto traders, fintech alumni, tax professionals and all round good people in creating a worldwide.
- Representing Koinly at trade, industry and brand owned events as a thought leader in this space
- Managing Koinly.io’s relationship with US Tax authorities and important financial institutions
- Understanding and dissemination of updates or changes to the UK tax regulations to the internal team and customers through external communication - white papers on our blog, etc
- Publishing of documentation, papers, or press from a position of a thought leader
- Obtaining specific advice from key advisors in associated matters
- Appearing in person at key events/conferences (both online and at physical venues)
- Special, complex non-tax projects from time to time
- This role will be our in-house expert on Cryptocurrency tax regulations
- This position sits within the Central Marketing Team for Koinly
- A chance to make an impact on a start-up
You’ll succeed as our Head of Tax if you have…
- Experience as a tax professional
- Willingness to speak at key events and conferences
- Self starting attitude - willing to roll up your sleeves, get out there and create as many opportunities for the Koinly brand as possible
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Media training/experience would be a bonus
- Flexibility to travel to key events
- Senior management experience from a big firm preferred (Big 4 highly regarded)
- Previous experience in Crypto Tax initiatives at a Mid to High Tier organisation is a bonus
- Recognition as a thought leader is a bonus
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification or admission as a legal practitioner is required.
Don’t ‘tick all of the boxes? Neither do we!
We are driven by hiring not only by experience and relevance for the role but also by ambition. We celebrate anything “outside of the box”, so if you don’t meet all of the listed tickbox criteria, please do still apply, as we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what we think about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
The diversity of our team reflects the diversity of our community and customers. We not only welcome, but we celebrate, diverse communities. We feel we have an empowering environment where everyone is supported and respected, and we want you to feel this too. We welcome new ideas, thinking and approaches and listen intently, and we are strongly committed to learning and improving on this as we grow.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and believe in encouraging an inclusive environment where we celebrate diversity of thinking and respect everyone’s distinctive qualities and perspectives.
What We Can Offer You
💆Power down week
* In the spirit of transparency, the location of the US office is not yet determined so we are currently looking at regional benefits.
☝Koinly is an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.