About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
We’re looking for UX research leaders (Manager to Director level) to help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a fintech company here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative, inquisitive people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your research expertise than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and lead teams of researchers in creating high quality, delightful experiences for Kraken customers
- Work with Research Team leadership to ensure a cohesive vision for research at Kraken
- Communicate, demonstrate and educate the value of research across the company by ensuring the delivery of insights that lead to demonstrable business value
- Manage, inspire, coach and grow the careers of researchers on your team
- Provide hands-on direction and lead your team in exercises designed to produce outstanding work
- Negotiate relationships with cross-functional partners to provide a friendly, collaborative environment for your team to do its best work
- Contribute to the improvement, operations and smooth running of the Research Team, sometimes outside your main focus area
- Actively participate in research crits both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Help grow our inclusive, diverse Research Team culture with your unique personality
- Demonstrated experience leading and growing teams of high-performing researchers
- Experience managing across different research methodologies
- A track record of guiding teams through translating research into tangible business impact
- Experience managing and building research teams over time through increasing headcount and retaining high-performing individuals
- A focus not just on the quality of output but also the health and happiness of team members and the Design and Research Org as a whole
- A proactive attitude of seeking out opportunities to fix and improve things wherever you go, even if they are not within your direct remit
- Ability to help translate business needs from other departments into actionable plans for your team
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience conducting research, or managing research teams, within the financial service or crypto industries
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn