About the job
About The Role:
We have an immediate need for a VP of Legal for a global company in the crypto world. We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial mind set who is passionate about financial services regulation, contract and employee law. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to take their career to the next level and help build out a dynamic legal team!
What You’ll Do:
- Advising business and technology stakeholders in product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and other teams on issues related to product development and commercialization, including compliance with laws and regulations on privacy, data security, marketing, consumer protection, risk management, and partner relations.
- Managing various contracts including, user and services agreements, terms of service, licensing agreements, and commercial contracts
- Building relationships with outside counsel, partners, and regulators in furtherance of driving business goals
- Researching a range of novel legal questions and distilling findings to advise internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with in-house and outside counsel to research complex legal and regulatory issues
What We’re Looking For:
- J.D. degree, with 4+ years of relevant legal experience at top law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department
- Admitted and in good standing with a state bar or the District of Columbia, preferably Illinois or eligible to register as in-house counsel in Illinois
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial services laws and regulations, including data security and privacy laws
- Strong interest in new and emerging technologies, particularly blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work across functions and consult with technology development teams
- Strong project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Experience in financial services, particularly with money transmitters and cryptocurrency firms as well as developing compliance programs and advising on such and drafting and managing terms of service is preferred.
- Also preferred is experience with data privacy regulations, including GDPR, GLBA, and CPRA, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, and customer complaint resolutions.
This role is ON-SITE in Chicago, Illinois. Full Time, NO C2C. Must be Covid-19 Vaccinated