About the job
Company Overview: At Praetorian, we are bringing together the world's brightest minds in pursuit of solving the cybersecurity problem by reducing the friction of security and enabling the next wave of technological innovation. From projects that range from cryptocurrency exchanges to autonomous vehicles and from medical device platforms to space telescopes, we apply expertise and engineering to help secure our customers.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual performance has a real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high-profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a high-growth company that is on the move
- Be part of the leadership team designing and building out our first product
- Cultivate the brand. Lead the company’s development of its key value propositions and vision at the brand and market segment level. Serve as a liaison to external PR agencies and as a senior spokesperson for press, analysts, and industry events.
- Lead product content strategy and development. Develop overall product messaging and positioning, product launch management, go-to-market strategy, and customer insights. Develop content assets that enable customers and prospects to easily understand the value proposition, including business value, product capabilities, and differentiation.
- Drive growth with demand generation. Design integrated customer and prospect journeys that generate awareness and demand. Coordinate demand generation across all channels. Proactively recognize where pipeline gaps exist and partner with Sales to deliver focused campaigns and sales plays.
- Empower our Sales team with best-in-class enablement. Ensure effective, efficient content and materials for the sales team. Partner with Sales to develop GTM plays and programs to drive pipeline.
- Develop a results-driven and metrics-oriented Marketing team. Foster a culture accountable to improvements that drive a company’s growth. Motivate, mentor, and develop new and existing team members. Oversee vendor/agency selection and own all agency relationships. Develop and implement long-term plans for marketing team structure and growth. Recruit high-potential candidates to fill these roles. Budget, forecast, and report on performance targets related to objectives and key results set by marketing in collaboration with the executive team.
- Maintain Praetorian’s thought leadership in solving the most difficult cybersecurity challenges. Coordinate with executive leadership and product management to ensure Praetorian is recognized as a market leader in cybersecurity solutions.
- Demonstrated marketing and leadership experience with a track record of success
- Deep cybersecurity industry with a strong passion for making the world safer and more secure
- Demonstrated success executing B2B SaaS GTM strategies and outcomes
- Deep experience with modern marketing automation systems
- Demonstrated success creating scalable, ROI-driven marketing programs across multiple channels
- Familiarity with Pardot, Salesforce, HubSpot, AdWords, and other common marketing tools
- Familiarity with social media strategies across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Prior experience as a visible public spokesperson for the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations, Communications, or equivalent years of experience
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in an environment where we build the plane as we fly it
- Ability to prioritize and manage various marketing projects based on near-term and long-term business objectives
- Ability to self-direct work, orient to action, and truly own the position in a high-growth environment
- Personable individual who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment with an ability to establish strong working relationships with the sales and product teams
- Excellent communicator who can convert value proposition and differentiation into effective product messaging and positioning
- Brand-centric focus with an obsessive need to increase the prestige and visibility of the company and its solutions
To be wildly successful, in one year you will have:
- Directly impacted our aggressive 30X product revenue target
- Increased the company’s overall brand visibility by 3X
- Created a reliable, scalable demand generation channel for the sales team
- Established us as a leader in an emerging product category
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee stock option plan
- Annual budget for training, certifications, and conferences
- 90% employee coverage and 60% dependent coverage on health insurance premiums
- 100% employee coverage and 60% dependent coverage on dental and vision insurance premiums
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- 6-16 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position's targeted salary is $200,000 - $250,000. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to location, experience, and performance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Praetorian. We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.