ZK Circuits EngineerThe Privacy & Scaling Explorations team at the Ethereum Foundation is looking to expand its role in security and reliability for our zero-knowledge proof (ZKP) applications. More specifically, we are looking for software engineers to work on a project related to distributed reputation.About the Privacy & Scaling Explorations Research GroupWe are a cutting-edge technological research group exploring practical applications for Zero-Knowledge Proofs and Scaling solutions. Our mission is to build the cryptographic primitives that will form the bedrock of a rich and vibrant ecosystem of decentralized applications (dapps), built on Ethereum. We do this through pure research projects, by building proofs of concept, and by facilitating the integration of technological primitives into decentralized applications.
- Your values align with the Ethereum ecosystem. Even if you are new to the space, you are interested in open source collaboration and decentralized systems. You understand the value of privacy for all and you are especially interested in security.
- You are highly motivated and naturally curious when it comes to reviewing new projects on the cutting edge of scalability and privacy. You are thorough in your work and pay attention to the small details.
- You are skilled at communicating on a remote, global team. We are a diverse team of collaborators from many different countries. You are comfortable exploring both synchronistic and a-synchronistic methods of communication.
- You are resourceful. The projects that need to be audited are exploring new technology. You possess patience in ambiguity, ask questions, and seek clarity by drawing connections to indirect products and concepts.
- You work well both independently and with others. No matter who you are working with, you are curious about their needs and goals within the scope of the project. You welcome feedback and take the time to understand the perspectives of your teammates.
- You work well in a democratic environment where important decisions are made by the agreement of the majority.
About the Role
- Building ZK circuits to improve reliability, scalability, and security of distributed systems.
- Working with a distributed systems engineer to integrate the circuits into the project.
- Document the codebase and write robust tests for the circuits.
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Software development skills in languages like Rust/C/C++.
- Understanding of modern ZKP proving systems and experience working with libraries like halo2, Arkworks, and ZK-Garage/PLONK.
- Familiar with distributed systems and libraries like libp2p.
- Good debugging skills.
- Capable of breaking down and explaining complex issues to others.
- Strong communication, storytelling, and documentation skills.
- Fully remote
- Contract with 3 months probation, details depend on jurisdiction