About the jobMoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B - Be Humble
- L - Lead with Empathy
- O - Own It
- C - Communicate Clearly
- K - Kaizen
The Discipline ❤️
As a Revenue Accountant, you will be on the ground floor experiencing building processes from scratch, helping set a resilient foundation for growth for years to come. We are seeking a highly motivated professional that has prior crypto exposure to reconciling transactions between exchanges, hot wallets, and custodian accounts.
What You’ll Do 👀
- Prepare crypto reconciliations between various exchanges, hot wallets, and custodian accounts.
- Prepare monthly COGS journal entries for all lines of businesses
- Drive continuous improvement and reduce cycle time in the monthly close process through the increased utilization of technology and tools, development of standard operating procedures and other efficiency measures.
- Coordinate with and support external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls and processes over financial reporting
You should apply if ✅
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in Revenue Accounting with a Big 4 Accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tiered company, cryptocurrency industry experience is highly preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and accounting policy, CPA preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment across multiple geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Job Overview (30 minutes)
- Final Interviews (1.5 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪