About the jobHyper Accelerating the Internet of Value
Location: Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination..
RippleX supports one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable, and consistently reliable blockchains - the XRP Ledger. (Fun fact: it’s been carbon neutral for over two years now!)
We’re focused on helping others to solve their own problems using the XRPL. For example:
- We’ve written intuitive libraries for developers to easily send money through their apps.
- We’ve contributed specs to the open source ledger to handle new use cases like NFTs.
- We’re creating a toolkit for people to spin up their own “sidechain” networks to experiment with.
- We're enabling blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone.
All in all, we’re about making it easier to tap into the power of instant decentralized payments by providing infrastructure, tools, and support for developers to build on the XRPL.
We are seeking software engineering (computer science) co-ops who match our beliefs in the power of this technology. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
What you could be working on: (Based on skills and interest)
- Helping to create a webapp used by central banks to issue and manage their own digital currencies (React)
- Making an open source Slack bot to monitor the ledger and notify people about important events (TypeScript)
- Implementing tools to help new developers quickly ramp-up and leverage the XRPL’s capabilities
Note: These are potential projects - you don’t need to know every language listed.
What We’re Looking For
- You are currently in a Bachelors or Masters program in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- You’ve worked on open source projects, developer platforms, and/or API-driven software
- You’re excited to learn about blockchains and how to make the ecosystem better
- You look to solve problems with simple solutions, rather than technically perfect ones
- The whole company gets a day off once a month for everyone to recharge and catch up on life.
- You’ll get to contribute to open source projects using your own GitHub account.
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- 12 week internship
- Regionally competitive hourly rate
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Design laptop, software and headphones
- Regionally competitive hourly rate
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Virtual Team Events
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.