About the job
About the Team:
This team is part of the Global Operations (G-Ops) Centre, home to specialized teams of operations experts, many with years of first-hand experience across a wide range of industries and sectors. This team supports customers globally through different channels such as live chat, emails, tickets, social media, and many more. We work closely with all our key stakeholders, such as Marketing, Finance, and Payment Operations, to successfully launch various global products while understanding the associated risks and management strategies for business growth.
About the Opportunity
The AML/Fraud Investigator is responsible for investigating cases identified through our monitoring systems to identify fraud from different payment channels such as wire, ACH, card fraud, ApplePay, e.t.c. The right candidate has prior experience working with a financial institution or FinTech company, with strong risk investigation experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Complete comprehensive investigations using 3rd party and proprietary tools and be accountable for all information researched and contained in each case file;
- Investigate complex fraud cases to identify fraudulent activities such as account take over, chargebacks, friendly fraud, identity theft, stolen financials, and other fraud schemes prevalent in payment fraud;
- Contact clients via phone and/or email to validate transaction activity and account information;
- Analyze cryptocurrency trading and behavioral patterns and report suspicious accounts to prevent and detect fraud patterns;
- Prepare periodic reports on fraud statistics, fraud trends, and ongoing fraud cases to senior management; and
- Present fraud patterns with leadership team with recommendation on preventive measures to improve detection capability, rules and risk policies.
What We Look For In You:
- 2+ years of relevant fraud investigation experience in the financial services / eCommerce / Fintech industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Strong ability to analyse large data to detect fraud patterns;
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% annually;
- Customer service experience is a plus; and
- Flexibility to run 24/7 shift rotation.
Nice to Haves:
- Crypto/Blockchain investigation experience;
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL/Python are desirable;
- Relevant Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)