Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 91,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
Magic is hiring its first Sales Engineer. This pivotal role will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our users and partners throughout the entire lifecycle of their Magic experience. Our users and partners are an extremely diverse group - from boots on the ground Web3 developers to traditional enterprise customers who are building in Web3. This role will lay the strategic foundation for Sales Engineering as Magic scales.
- Help customers understand what is technically possible with our products.
- Understand user and partner requirements and communicate how Magic can solve their onboarding and checkout flow needs.
- Have a deep understanding of the Magic SDK and how to integrate it into different languages and frameworks, such as React.js
- Contribute to technical content and demos to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
- Work closely with customer success to ensure customers onboard, launch, and renew successfully.
- A strong technical generalist
- Comfortable with code-level debugging
- Empathetic, collaborative, communicative, consultative
- Confident and comfortable with customers
- Intellectually curious, with great problem solving skills Strong knowledge of React and NextJS
- Confident talking about technical concepts, and how Magic works – both from a product feature and API architecture perspective.
- Comfortable tinkering with a bunch of languages and services, giving enough insight across the programming landscape to step into unfamiliar code and make sense of what's going on.
- Able to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues.
- Excited about what Magic is building within our prospects and users.
- Empathetic to users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
Please include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of.
- Technical products or projects you’ve worked on.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical.
- What you find most interesting about Magic.
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Discretionary bonus
- Platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance – Magic covers 99%
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- Annual team meetups
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. We strongly encourage anyone who has been historically under-represented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.