About the jobCompany Description
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
- This role will be a hybrid role; spending up to 10-20% of time in the Scottsdale office (1-2 times a week).
- In office requirements for training, team meetings and other business related activities.
- You will need to be able to commute to and from our Scottsdale AZ office. Relocation benefits will not be available for this position.
- The office is located at 6991 E Camelback Road Scottsdale, AZ 85251.
- Oversee a team of 6-8 analysts with varying levels of experience who conduct reviews stemming from transaction monitoring alerts and other sources involving a range of scenarios and financial crime risks types.
- Provide guidance, training and act as an escalation point for your team as they perform reviews and make decisions on the disposition of cases
- Support the SAR Lead to develop policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to improve, improve efficiency
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build out
- Manage Service level agreements and deadlines, as well as team performance
- 3+ years experience in BSA/AML/Compliance or Fraud/Risk related work, preferably in a financial institution or related FinTech payments space
- 1+ years of leadership experience supporting an organization responsible for conducting financial crime investigations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge in AML transaction monitoring and financial crime typologies and risks regarding funds transfers, peer to peer (P2P) payments, equities, and cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations, and industry best practices
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly prefer multilingual in Spanish and English
- This is a hybrid position: Arizona-based or commutable distance to our Scottsdale AZ office (please see above for address)
As a SAR Manager, you will oversee a team of analysts responsible for investigating financial crime risk on the Cash App platform. In your role, you will manage the case work of a team of Analysts, conduct quality control reviews, track trends and key risks, and manage team performance. You will work with other team members in the Financial Crimes organization to manage risk, develop procedures, and improve workflow design to support the team's overall effectiveness. You will help create a program that shows compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space.
This role is located in the Phoenix-metro area and is a hybrid role where candidates should be ready to be in the office 1-2 days per week (drive-able distance to commute). Multilingual candidates proficient in Spanish and English preferred for this role.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.