What is Harmony?
Harmony is an open and fast blockchain for cross-chain DeFi, NFT and DAO. Our mainnet runs Ethereum applications with 2-second transaction finality and 100 times lower fees. Our secure bridges offer cross-chain transfers with Ethereum, Binance and 3 other chains.
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence.
You will be developing a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. If you strongly believe in this space, this is a unique opportunity to become a part of a pioneering project.
We are seeking for a Security Engineer to join our engineering team.
- Develop a proactive vulnerability and patch-management solution, showcasing a clear risk state of the infrastructure due to out-of-date software/hardware.
- Secure remote access with MFA, robust account management, state of the art monitoring, and alerting.
- Utilize Infrastructure management tooling (Puppet, Chef, TF, Ansible) for consistent hardening configurations such as CIS benchmarks across cloud and on-prem infrastructure.
- Craft a strategy with tooling for security of SaaS solutions such as GSuite, Slack etc. deployed across the organization.
- Develop a third party vendor review process for risk assessment and decision making.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 5 years of hands-on experience as a Security Engineer, DevSecOps, or SecOps with security mindset and strong interest in security
- Extensive knowledge of secure encryption key storage methods and technologies required.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystems operating practices required.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security practices.
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable.
- OS internals and security hardening (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
- Hardening of networking devices, protocols and solutions
- Security of Cloud Infrastructure platforms
- Account lifecycle management, Multi-factor authentication, authentication and authorization protocols and solutions
- Vulnerability and patch management, secure configuration deployment
Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
Benefits at Harmony
- Full or Partial Remote Work
- Competitive Compensation + equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Periodic team retreats
- MacBook Pro, phone and other communications included
- 401K matching
Harmony supports the missions of equal opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of the Foundation.