About the jobAbout AlphaPoint:
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company powering digital asset exchanges and brokerages worldwide. Through its secure, scalable, and customizable white label digital asset trading platform, AlphaPoint has enabled over 150 customers in 35 countries to launch and operate digital asset markets, as well as digitize assets. AlphaPoint and its award winning blockchain technology have helped startups and institutions discover and execute their blockchain strategies since 2013.
AlphaPoint is looking for a Security Operations (SOC Analyst) who will focus on leveraging available monitoring and other security tools to monitor for attack vectors or exploits that may affect system security or integrity - working in a SOC (security operations center) and responding to cyber security incidents, report on cyber threats and implement changes to protect the organization.
Security Operations (SOC Analyst) responsibilities:
- Threat vulnerability analysis.
- Investigating, documenting, and reporting on any information security issues as well as emerging trends.
- Analysis and response to previously unknown hardware and software vulnerabilities
- Preparing disaster recovery plans.
- Address security incidents and evaluate those incidents, use threat intelligence to pinpoint affected systems, and carry out in-depth threat intelligence analysis to find the perpetrator.
- Implement containment and recovery strategies.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar roles (Tier 2 Support security analyst)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and practical experience in IT Networking Roles.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Willing to work on rotating shifts
- Willing to Relocate to El Salvador
Required technical skills:
- Working knowledge of firewalls
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Threat vulnerability management tools
- Data Loss prevention Tools
- Filtering Technologies Traffic Inspection Solutions
Preferred skills & experience:
- Experience with emerging Blockchain Technologies
- Knowledge of Defi Protocols and Integrations
- Passionate about the Blockchain and Crypto space
- Knowledge about Financial Technology
Here are some of the benefits of working at AlphaPoint:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision insurance coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability benefits
- 401k company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Company credit card
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture allowance to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and an inspiring startup environment with colleagues internationally
- $100 worth of cryptocurrency of your choice upon joining AlphaPoint
- Company paid coworking space benefits
- $2500/year for learning and development