About the jobCompany Description
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for a Senior Account Executive with a positive and winning attitude to join our European Sales Team in France. Reporting into the Sales Manager, you will create an outbound strategy and work closely with a Business Development Representative to build a book of business in the French market. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem solving will help in identifying ideal merchants that can grow with Square's platform. You have experience with negotiating and closing complex deals. Added to that you will be a brand ambassador and will help find opportunities for Square to help businesses grow.
Please note: this role is based in France with work from home opportunities.
- Lead the charge introducing Square to merchants in all verticals: retail, food and drink, professional services, etc.
- Oversee the sales cycle from prospect to close and partner with other teams to ensure successful onboarding
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales goals through proactive outbound sales efforts
- Understand the struggle of a customer and approach each conversation with a consultative approach
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market
- Use your prior sales experience to inform a creative go to market strategy
- 3+ years' experience in a closing role
- Fluent in English and French
- Experience exceeding sales targets, selling a diverse ecosystem of products, and closing complex deals
- The ability to drive deals independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Business development experience (e.g. hunting and cold calling)
- A collaborative and team player mentality
- Salesforce experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.