Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. As a universal overlay network, Axelar supports general message passing and composability of programs via a proof-of-stake transport layer. Developer tools and APIs make it easy for both protocol and application developers to integrate interoperability.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Polkadot and Terra. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
The Axelar network mainnet has been rolling out since January, 2022. It is now live and supports cross-chain asset transfers across more than 10 networks, with more networks and assets added regularly. Axelar has developed a sample cross-chain asset transfer application called Satellite, which provides a simple, efficient user experience to transfer assets between chains. Other applications building multichain experiences on Axelar include cross-chain NFT marketplaces, yield aggregators, privacy services and gaming guilds.
Axelar is building the infrastructure to connect Web3. Join us!
What you will be doing
- Designing and building message driven applications for cross chain communication
- Scaling, extending and optimizing our interchain request delivery services which enable generalized communication between every major public blockchain
- Designing self-healing microservices in a cloud-agnostic and open-source context to support both internal and community services for Axelar Network.
- Constructing SDKs for the delivery layer of Axelar’s interoperability stack to support external developers building cross chain apps
What you will need
- Strong experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Deep knowledge of fault tolerance in distributed systems and building software that fails gracefully and recovers transparently
- Experience working with distributed messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, AMQP, or similar) and message driven applications.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment
- You enjoy being hands on, being a self starter that thrives well in ambiguity
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to to do things differently
- Understand how to use blockchains / DeFi as a user
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase