We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
Ledger is looking for a Backend Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend application to allow big financial institutions to process their transactions in the cryptocurrency world.
The Ledger Vault is a SaaS solution addressing the need to safeguard very large and diversified amounts of cryptocurrencies while mitigating both IT and physical assault threats. This enterprise-grade solution’s security is based on "HSM" (Hardware Security Module) and hardware authenticators. It is a turnkey SaaS hardware/software suite enabling handling multiple cryptocurrencies through advanced governance rules such as multi-authorization, rate-limiting, and time-locking.
We are looking for talents to build a solid and scalable platform for BtoB financial market.
- Design and develop our governance and orchestration layer; and a set of complex APIs
- Communicate with cryptographic modules (HSM), and blockchain interfaces
- Integrate new cryptocurrencies on Vault
- Work closely with the Product team to define and understand end-user requirements, and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions
- Work in cross-team environment: You will be in direct contact with Vault’s Frontend and QA engineers, but also with cross-functional teams such as Core, Firmware, Infrastructure, and Operations
- Participate in firefighting sessions, and interface with stakeholders like Technical Account Managers
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in Backend / Software Engineering role, preferably in a product-based startup environment
- 3+ years of experience in Python as the primary language (Flask or Django)
- Capable of self-training on backend languages like Scala / C++ / NodeJS
- Familiarity with software development best practices - version-control, code-reviews, testing, CI/CD
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum/XP/Kanban)
- Work in a multicultural environment - English is a MUST
- You have a sound knowledge of RESTful API design, standards and best practices
- You have an interest in other API frameworks (e.g. GraphQL), and dabble in message based systems
- You are keen to step outside your area of expertise, and contribute to all parts of a product
- You have an interest in cryptocurrencies, and blockchain technology
- You are active in the open-source community, speak at conferences, attend meetups, write blogs, contribute code, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.