About the job
Our client's Blockchain Development Team in our Technology Consulting group is expanding and looking to hire a senior level Blockchain Engineers to work on the development of blockchain applications for their corporate and government clients.
Your primary focus will be to work on the development of Ethereum-based blockchain applications.
The position and requirements for this position are described below.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be working in a highly collaborative team and involved in all aspects of the product development, within an agile environment using modern web/application tools, UX and workflows.
- You will work on executing various user stories from our product backlog, assisting in the completion of those tasks within the agreed timeline and in accordance with the story's acceptance criteria.
- You will be expected, within a short ramp up period, to make major contributions to a product's development across the full stack, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Back-end development using Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and GraphQL, Kafka/Zookeeper
- Ethereum smart contract development using Solidity and other blockchain tools and software.
- Front-end development using React, including integrating front end implementations with the product's APIs and GraphQL.
- Assisting in maintaining the products extensive CI/CD pipeline.
- Completing code reviews of other team members code and assisting in the mentoring of other developers.
- Completing research with respect to the implementation of new product features and refactoring of existing features.
To qualify for the role you must have
- You must have sample code available or a github repo that highlights your coding capabilities. PLEASE INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR RESUME OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Your developer/engineering experience includes at least 2+ years' working with modern web applications in production this experience should ideally include:
- Working on the backend (ideally in Node.js but other backend technologies such as Java, Rails, Golang, PHP are acceptable).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, MySQL, Mongo) databases and GraphQl
- Experience with event driven application architecture and Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with blockchain and/or smart contract development using solidity and other Ethereum development tools
- You have experience with microservice architecture and the implementation of prudent application design and architecture principles to enhance a products maintainability and extensibility.
- You are experienced working with Docker and/or Kubernetes and have basic deployment knowledge and experience with recognized cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, GCE, Digital Ocean. Bonus if you have experience also deploying ethereum blockchains to these environments
- Additional skills and attributes for success
- You must be able to work independently and with little direction, with the ability to reach out to teammates and other technology specialists when required. You understand that being a highly skilled developer you are continuously learning and exploring new tools and technologies.
- You know how to work effectively in a remote environment, but when circumstances permit would have no problem working in the company's offices several days a week as circumstances require.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching and have no problem pair programming from time to time.
- You understand the huge benefits provided by a pragmatic testing suite and are highly proficient in knowing how to test code and have experience developing and pushing the code to a CI/CD pipeline.
- You have side project and/or direct experience working with blockchains and a have a good understanding of the principals of cryptography, consensus, and blockchain design.
- You have extensive experience with open source software.
- You have an undergraduate university or college degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- You have sample code available and or a github repo that highlights your coding capabilities.