About the jobThis position is open to New York or Remote within the US.
Hyper-Accelerating the Internet of Value.
We champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs and support for creation on one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and consistently reliable public blockchain - XRPL. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions and innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions and governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, and how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate in the digital economy through:
- Practical support and capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster and more easily
- Empowering a community that’s democratizing the digital economy
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision and pragmatism
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone
We have a big vision and the ambition to match. We are seeking the same in engineers. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
What You Will Work On
- Participate in building layer 1 blockchain solution
- Design, prototype, and simulate new protocols and algorithms
- Benchmark existing software, and improve its scalability, throughput, and latency
- Explore existing blockchain technologies
What We’re Looking For
- You love programming, and also enjoy research
- 5+ years production software development experience
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- Experience with developing distributed system internal components
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to independently solve complex problems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with blockchains
- Experience with smart contracts
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.