About the job
An amazing opportunity to join a crypto firm which is rapidly growing as a Senior Compliance Manager – Investment Products Compliance.
Our client company is Asia’ fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform with over $10 billion in assets under custody & management. They are over 400 strong and serve both institutional and retail customers across Asia and Europe.
Based in Singapore, this will be a dual-role providing Investment Compliance advisory for the group as well as providing oversight of the Asset Management Business.
- Lead the design of the Investment Advisory Compliance framework across the group
- Supporting the Chief Compliance Officer in oversight activities, including, but not limited to the review of new virtual asset related products for the Wealth Management business
- Be responsible for the Compliance programme for the Asset Management Business’ obligations as a Capital Markets Services Licensee for Fund Management (includes monitoring and internal controls under the Code of Ethics)
- Preparation and completion of licence application
- Liaise with external compliance consultant, legal counsel as required and with local regulators, with the support of the local / regional Compliance officers where applicable
- Be proactive and demonstrate well considered judgments
- Assist in the delivery of business and regulatory change projects
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams, as required
- Keeping up to date with relevant local and transnational legislation / regulation, best practice and industry guidance and rules relating to investment and asset management activities
- Prepare relevant reports to governance committees or regulatory filings
- Work closely with the wider Compliance teams, sharing knowledge and ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach in delivering Compliance advice.
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in fund management or Investment Products Compliance advisory, within the financial services industry
- Prior experience working in a financial institution (e.g. Bank, Fund or CMS License holder) and familiarity with the Securities and Futures Act of Singapore is preferred
- Good ability to analyse and interpret rules and published guidance from regional regulators
- Self-starter, high levels of initiative and strong work ethic
- Ability to analyse complex and evolving positions and ability to express regulatory concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin; Excellent report-writing in English.
- Ability to manage, organise and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Capable of exercising sound judgement when assessing risk and controls; as well as understanding and balancing risk, versus appropriate controls, to determine residual risk
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
Please send your resume to Dal Gill via email [email protected] and give him a call at +852 2281 0073 for a confidential discussion about this role and other exciting opportunities.