About the job
As our Risk Advisory business continues to grow, we have an opportunity for a Digital Assets Senior Consultant to join our Digital Assets Risk team. The world of Digital Assets is experiencing unprecedented levels of change. We expect rapid regulatory developments with material operational impacts for our clients.
In light of increased market demand, we are seeking individuals with the drive and vision to help deliver our current portfolio of engagements and help us develop the practice further. We are looking for high performing professionals who will help us strengthen our market offering and work closely with a range of clients from the largest global financial services institutions, established crypto natives, major corporates, government and smaller emerging players.
Our Digital Assets Risk team works with organisations to help them assess the critical risks and challenges of new strategies, launch new products & services and respond to emerging regulation. We are a multi-disciplinary team leading our Digital Assets related work in the UK and collaborating with colleagues and clients across global jurisdictions.
We also assist in the coordination of all Digital Asset related queries across the practice and different disciplines and ensure there is internal awareness and involvement throughout the whole of Deloitte. If you have experience in Digital Assets either from Industry or Professional Services and are passionate about contributing to the growth of the industry, we would like to speak to you.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
You will have responsibility for:
- Delivering a wide range of client engagements including Digital Assets risk and control reviews, business operations process reviews and business model implementation, change and project management, providing regulatory insight and implementation support, authorisation support and helping clients to understand the impact of new innovations.
- Supporting the wider team in building Digital Asset propositions for our clients.
- Assisting senior staff develop our Digital Assets portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activities.
- Collaborating with junior resources to deliver engagements and help in developing their skills through knowledge sharing.
- Gaining experience in the wide spectrum of Blockchain innovations and understanding/managing risks associated with these.
- Monitoring the market and keeping up to date with the latest Digital Assets developments.
- Support training of other staff and clients in Digital Assets related topics.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with an option of working from home and attending client meetings and events as required, including occasional domestic and international travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / term-time or other annualised days basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role of Senior Consultant you must have:
- Experience of consulting/professional services or exposure to working in a consultative capacity with external clients.
- Some experience in working in Digital Assets and related projects, or within a Digital Assets orientated business.
- A proactive mind-set, with the ability to take responsibility and drive key actions forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including MS Office to aid effective interaction with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Experience or a strong interest in one or more of following would be advantageous:
- Experience in a risk, audit, technical, operational or product capacity in relation to Digital Assets or Blockchain technology within Banking or the Fintech sector
- An understanding of different types of Digital Assets such as, digital securities, cryptocurrencies, and NFTs
- Regulation related to financial institutions, such as MiCA, MiFIDII, PSD2, EMD and how it relates to Digital Assets
- Emerging trends, products and services including use of stablecoins to facilitate payments, and crypto custody solutions.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.