About the jobWe're building Ripple's data services group and are looking for several talented Senior and Staff DevOps Engineers that will build scalable data infrastructure to enable ML and analytics company-wide.
As a Senior or Staff DevOps Engineer on our data platform team, you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous monitoring of data-intensive applications.
Your work will enable the developer experience for data engineers and data scientists. This person will bring a software engineering approach to infrastructure which will positive impact our culture of ownership, reliability, trust, and observability.
- Architect, deploy, and maintain Ripple’s multi-region, multi-provider service platforms – emphasizing security and resiliency
- Develop and maintain services to support our data-driven analytics framework
- Design and build automation, monitoring, and instrumentation tools to reduce operational friction
- Solve unique technical challenges like secret management, geographic failover, data replication, and platform resiliency
- Create and automate lifecycle services—leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Collaborate with data engineering to ensure production-ready code; work closely with developers and scientists
- Research promising new tools and technologies
- Encourage team to experiment and evolve
- Help in the adoption of DevOps-first principles through team and the organization
Our Stack At a Glance
- Amazon Web Services
- Airflow, BigQuery
- Hadoop, Impala, Hue
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.