About the jobDescription
The Senior Director of Corporate Communications will oversee public relations activities to promote CME Group with an emphasis on its global financial products – interest rate, equities, cryptocurrencies and foreign exchange – as well as the company’s financial results. This position will work with senior management, product marketing and the broader corporate marketing and communications team in North America, Europe and Asia to develop positioning strategies globally.
- Collaborate across all communications channels to help CME Group promote its financial products to shape the perceptions of customers, prospects, press/bloggers, and analysts within business, commodities, and public policy communities domestically and internationally.
- Coordinate with all interest rate, equity, cryptocurrency and foreign exchange business teams to develop public relations strategies, including messaging, content and media materials, budgets and resource allocation to promote the company’s commodities businesses. Also help promote the company and its executives in Chicago and with local media.
- Serve as company spokesperson; build and maintain strong relations with key global financial press and beat reporters worldwide; create and contribute to message development initiatives and efforts to protect the company’s reputation. Experience with top-tier financial reporters is a must.
- Responsible for communications of company financial communications, including earnings and volume releases, annual meetings, etc.
- Ensure that all internal and external communications are consistent and external image is aligned closely with the company’s business objectives, playing a key role in all media relations initiatives including crisis and issues management.
- Oversee direct reports and possible agency assignments. Collaborate with other marketing and communications teams and partners of the exchange including internal, events, broadcast and corporate and product marketing groups to implement comprehensive promotional strategies.
- Provide guidance to executives with regard to communications training, storylines and media strategy with top-tier press, bloggers and analysts. Advise corporate executives and product team members on best way to communicate major corporate news (social media, product launches, geographic expansions, etc.)
- Write and distribute press releases; identify story lines and trends; develop and extend media pitches.
Candidate must submit writing samples during the interview process demonstrating message development and briefing documents for both print and broadcast interviews. Please include Social/Digital Media
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications role, including 5+ years in financial services or markets
- 3+ years’ experience as a people manager
- Extensive planning, writing, editing and content production experience across all dimensions of corporate communications for a broad variety of channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills using different styles to best reflect stakeholder, audience, and message; ability to explain complex or technical concepts in an easily understandable format.
- Extensive media relations expertise and proven experience as a company spokesperson with an established network of top-tier and trade media contacts; significant experience in securing brand-building press coverage; strong grasp of emerging media trends and proven ability to implement new media concepts.
- Track record for supporting/leading communications programs for senior business leaders, including C-suite.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage and execute multiple programs and tasks with accuracy and efficiency under tight deadlines.
- Highly collaborative with colleagues; serve as a champion for internal and external stakeholders/customers through creative ideation, communications solutions and implementation to meet business objectives.
- Experience with Meltwater (tracking PR analytics and creating dashboards, etc.) a plus.
Bachelor's Degree: Communications/ Journalism/Marketing Required
Masters/ Advanced Degree preferred
Skills & Software Requirements
MSFT Office suite of programs (PowerPoint)
Google tools a plus
Web and social media savvy; proven experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social applications for business purposes
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.