About the jobRipple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The senior manager will lead an engineering team to build the next generation of payment/, financial accounting, risk monitoring, p&l optimisation services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems using non-traditional approaches. To support a growing business, the senior manager will drive quick delivery of features whilst ensuring high performance and resilient solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver results and think strategically while balancing both short and long term
- Build & lead high performing engineering teams by motivating your team and leading by example to continuously innovate, improve and think differently
- Deliver outstanding results for our customers and are a role model for other engineers
- Be action oriented and make decisions quickly after considering competing viewpoints
- Create shared vision and build and maintain strong partnerships with Product Management, Finance, Compliance, Ops, Security and Customer Success teams
- Be responsible for entire software development life cycle
- Own and deliver your roadmap
What We’re Looking For
- Have managed engineering teams of 10+
- Demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience in building full stack transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains)
- You have successfully recruited high performing teammates
- You thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- BS in Computer Science or similar
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.