About the jobAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Meet our Team- The crypto team is responsible mobile and Web experiences for buy, hold and selling of crypto currencies at PayPal. Work with multiple brands as we expand our crypto offering. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Sr iOS Engineer to join our Crypto Currency Team!
Your day to day -
- Develop and maintain high performing, reusable Swift code
- Stay current with the newest mobile technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Mentor juniors in the team and help them sharpen their technical finesse
- Ability to reduce tech-debt and have a plan to remove them from the system
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team to define, design, implement, test, release rollout and support software applications for PayPal
- Work with product owners to crystallize the technical needs during grooming and planning meetings
- Work with engineering managers, engineers and QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs in respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles
- Define and develop processes, tools and methodologies to achieve excellence in software development, testing and deployment
- Follow coding standards and guidelines with attention to performance, scalability, and availability
What You Need To Bring -
- At least 5 years of iOS development experience
- Highly competent hands-on experience in the following:
- Solid Swift programming skills
- Solid understanding of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience building iOS applications connected to RESTful APIs
- Practical knowledge on iOS architecture
- Solid knowledge of algorithms with good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience with a version control system (GIT, SVN, CVS, etc)
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0089278