About the job
Position: Senior Lawyer (Crypto Experienced)
VAI Marketing Management is a marketing and management consultancy company owned by PROTOCOL33, a project incubator and accelerator operating in the FinTech and blockchain industries, developed by experienced and passionate experts and entrepreneurs.
We're made up of people of all different beliefs, cultures, colours and backgrounds with one thing in common…we’re in this together. We’re here to make a difference in our community, and in ourselves. And while it’s hard work, we support each other and have fun doing it! When you work with us, you have the opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
As part of our continued growth and expansion, we are looking for an experienced Lawyer to join our team:
The primary responsibilities include:
· Provide legal support to the organisation staking business in international markets, including counselling regarding proof-of-stake, staking delegation terms & conditions, compliance and others
. Outstanding knowledge in European Law.
· Keep up-to-date on regulatory and policy developments involving staking, blockchain and digital assets generally; advice on country-specific regulatory requirements, including strategic and legal advice for new products or features.
· Work with the Legal team to manage all regulatory matters (e.g. permits, licenses, registrations), and to adapt any required company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations.
· Support corporate governance and tax matters, such as global mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructuring, international entity formation, intercompany operating agreements, regulator and y filings, and board and shareholder actions.
· Support international commercial transactions; liaise with the legal team on negotiation playbooks and contract processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Legal degree with 5+ years of PQE as in-house counsel, and/or at a global law firm with a focus on informational technologies, international markets, M&A, cryptocurrency/blockchain/DLT, and/or emerging technologies in a multi-jurisdictional environment
· Familiarity with cryptocurrency regulations: hands-on experience in the US and European cryptocurrency, securities, and KYC/AML regulations and products is a must
· A deep understanding of the legal structure and regulatory architecture of technology and financial markets with the ability to expertly advise and provide big-picture leadership to internal teams on the strategy, maintenance, development, integration, and kicking-off of new and existing products and solutions
· Hands-on experience in advising business development teams and stakeholders on emerging technologies-related matters
· Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, centralised and decentralised solutions
· Exceptional judgment and range. You will need to excel at quickly analyzing complex legal and business issues in a variety of substantive areas.
· Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed. You need to be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and lead projects in a dynamic environment.
· Must thrive in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strategic management;
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Legal, Informational technologies, international markets, M&A, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain/DLT, and/or Emerging Technologies in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Concern for order, accuracy, and quality;
- Skills of teamwork;
We take pride in our vision to provide outsourcing solutions that propel the businesses that partner with us to new levels of success. By fostering our mission, VAI Marketing Management is passionate about delivering service and a great customer experience. We create innovative solutions, creating value for shareholders, clients, and employees while maintaining a broad commitment to the environment and society.
We live and breathe in our values therefore it’s very important for us that the post holder will be expected to operate in line with our workplace values which are:
· Aim for Excellence
· Adapt to change
· Speedy delivery
If you want to know more about us, please visit our website https://www.vaimanagement.co/