About the jobJob Classification:
Technology - Software Development/Quality Engineering
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Reporting to Global Technology’s Chief Architect, the Senior Lead Blockchain Engineer will develop and support financial- and insurance- related applications, involving varied components of the value chain (e.g. sales, marketing, service, finance, asset management, etc.) using Blockchain technologies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and other leading public or private blockchain solutions. The Senior Lead Software Engineer is responsible for prototyping, testing, and evaluating numerous blockchain projects and proposals, with an eye towards which may be useful to Prudential.. This role requires a unique combination of skills: knowledge of our businesses and business processes, strong technical acumen, and strong ability to partner and co-create by working with business teams who identify business opportunities to explore using Proof of Concepts (POCs), and with technical teams who will help implement those solutions at scale, when POC results prove promising.
- Key collaborator partnering across business teams to explore POCs
- Co-creates and implement solutions at scale based on POC results
- Builds applications and software functionality using independent judgement and ensuring that the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards. Builds using modern design patterns and architectural principles and ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards and meets security requirements
- Develops high quality, well documented, and efficient code supporting testing and automation
- Writes and conducts unit, integration tests and functional automation with consideration for larger areas of development and impact when conducting tests
- Participates actively in delivery across tech stack, integration, and life cycle
- Works closely with systems engineers, architects, and business partners to ensure quality of the product to deliver on business objectives, while removing technical impediments
- Works with broader product issues and plans for the full scope, across ideation, design, development, testing, business engagement, and team leadership
- Influences within and outside the team, often serving as a thought leader on Blockchain
- Demonstrates a talent mindset by evangelizing emerging technologies and transformation, influencing adoption of the transformation, and driving modernization goals through co-creation, solution implementation and knowledge sharing, using successful implementation examples to broaden awareness and adoption
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- Technical Acumen:
- Practical experience developing on public blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, AWS’s Managed Blockchain offering, and/or experience with private blockchain platforms
- Experience working with cryptographic protocols; understands cryptographic principles underpinning of Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Experience with smart contract languages (e.g. Solidity or Kotlin)
- Deep understanding of AWS architectural principles and services; Strong ability on cloud formation and to write code; understanding of AWS core services
- Experience working with DevOps automation tools & practices ; Knowledge of full software development life cycle (SDLC) including coding standards, code review, source control management; Understanding of a shared responsibility model in Operations
- Deep understanding of unit, interface and end user testing concepts and tooling inclusive of non-functional requirements (performance, usability, reliability, security/vulnerability scanning, etc.) including how testing integrated into Dev Ops; Accessibility awareness
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints (Agile)
- Business Acumen: understands the strategic business needs of the company and the impact of disruptive technology; leverages external marketplace research and business insights to drive outcomes
- Architecture Knowledge: understands Solution Architecture frameworks and best practice with awareness of current trends for new architectural patterns and concepts and the ability to apply those patterns and trends to help achieve business-focused transformation outcomes
- Social Intelligence & Building Relationships: robust skill and appetite to form relationships, build network with key stakeholders and business leaders at all levels across the organization; organizationally savvy with the desire to collaborate and successfully operate across the organization; enjoys sharing knowledge with other engineers
- Influencing for Change: proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results, with a strong track record of achieving challenging objectives
- Communication Skills: strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with clarity and conviction to individuals at all levels within the organization
- Prioritization Skills: ability to participate in multiple efforts across different areas with experience working on projects
- Critical Thinking & Intellectual Curiosity: aptitude to understand a challenge or problem by analyzing a situation to successfully find a solution; demonstrates passion for blockchain development; continuous learning mindset with demonstrated aptitude for understanding strategic investments and new technologies
- Outcome Management: demonstrated success of creating specific, measurable, and concrete objectives aligned with business goals by tracking and reporting outcomes over a specified time
- Adaptability: proven ability to adapt to new situations and respond effectively to unplanned changes
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [email protected] for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email [email protected] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email [email protected] to request assistance.