About the job
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in building a growing UK economy.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and our strategy of putting customers first.
You'll join our Consumer Relationships business, in key anchor products PCA and Payments. In this highly visible role, you'll report into the Head of Strategy and Business Development for PCA, Payments, Fraud & Financial Crime.
Do you want to be at the forefront of shaping propositions strategy?
As Senior Manager, you'll formulate strategy and development for key initiatives and projects, covering customer experience and investment activity for PCA, Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime, and associated business development activity. And you'll support the development of the Group's strategic response to topics such as Current Account range strategy, payments strategy, proposition development (e.g. BNPL), addressing the growing threat of fraud, and supporting customers through the cost of living challenge.
You'll also define opportunities to grow Other Operating Income, including through commerce services, additional propositions and consideration of non FS markets. And you'll lead our response to payments developments, including peer to peer payments and digital currencies (e.g., crypto currencies, CBDCs).
In summary, this role will give you the opportunity to shape and influence the strategic direction of new and innovative propositions, helping us meet our customer needs.
Specific accountabilities will also include:
- Designing innovative products and services with viable go-to-market plans.
- Management of customer experience, income, costs, risks, and investment priorities for relevant products & services.
- Focus on maintaining and supporting conduct and operational risks in line with Bank appetite.
- Ensuring decisions go through the required governance, to deliver great customer outcomes.
Collaborating with internal partners, you'll also drive the agenda across the Group, building untapped relationships and growing positive relationships with external 3rd parties and partners.
Based in London, you'll follow our team's hybrid working model, combining working from home with working in the office, typically 2 days per week. We're also happy to consider agile and flexible working options.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly experienced in strategy, building business cases and articulating commercial strategies both verbally and in writing.
- Clear knowledge of PCA & Payments (an advantage if you know Fraud and Financial Crime too), as well as the wider market, including customer, conduct, regulatory and competitor trends.
- Well developed Leadership skills; you're accustomed to delivering through others, people management and developing others.
- Partner / Supplier relationship skills, gained across a large and diverse portfolio of work.
- Seasoned in applying critical thinking and structured communication to solve complex or unclear problems.
We'll also be looking for you to be adept at turning around papers and responding to requests at pace. And you'll relish the chance to use your curiosity and innovative ways of thinking, to meet customer needs.
What we can offer you in return
You'll receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary performance share award
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible cash pot (4% on top of base salary) to spend on benefits.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
So if you'd like to be part of our inclusive values-based culture, and want to be stretched and fulfilled, we'll help you build a career that will make a difference to you and our customers.
Together we make it possible.