Ecosystem ⇄ Outercore
Outercore, the subsidiary that represents grants, accelerators, and special projects at Protocol Labs, is looking for an Open Source Program Manager to help us build the future of p2p distributed networks and empower our many communities – from dweb developers, to browsers, to blockchain projects, to data storage hosts. Everything Outercore does is open source. We’re comfortable sharing unfinished work and trying out new things. The goal is to come up with solutions the entire ecosystem can benefit from.
About this role:
As a Senior Open Source Program Manager, IPFS, your mission is to foster the growth and adoption of IPFS via developer programs, storytelling, and relationships. You will be a key face of IPFS to the community and a conduit back to the IPFS core teams.
You’ll establish strong relationships around the world, and build programs that connect, educate, and empower our global community of users and contributors. You’ll organize our online and offline events strategy alongside our events team. You’ll source, distill, and tell stories that bring our technology to life.
We expect this person not to do all these activities themselves, but to have a vision about what makes for a wonderful community brand and experience, know when to DIY vs. hire or delegate, and have a high bar for quality to which they hold all of Protocol Labs and our IPFS community. Through it all -- the tactical and strategic work -- your warmth and thoughtfulness will be needed to maintain welcoming spaces for our community.
If you’re passionate about building communities, empowering developers, improving the web, and helping game-changing technologies succeed, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
- You have experience building scalable programs for developer communities.
- You can keenly understand different developers’ and users’ needs, wills, and cultures. They should love interacting with you and hearing from you, and you should have a genuine concern for their professional success.
- A fluent, engaging, and prolific communicator, across many formats: writing, forums, social media, video, and more.
- Experience working directly with large open source projects, communication with developers in multiple channels including GitHub, and ability to follow and think critically about product-level technical discussions.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You’ve played key roles within 1 or more world-class software communities.
- You have a passion for building a better web. If you do not have any experience with IPFS, libp2p, or related technologies, you should be genuinely curious about what they are and willing to develop that expertise!
- Prior experience in technical communications, developer marketing, or related fields
- Relationships across multiple large-scale software communities
- Experience across countries, cultures, and timezones