About the job
Portofino Technologies is a start-up building high-frequency trading (HFT) grade technology for digital assets.
Today, Portofino provides liquidity on the largest centralised and decentralised cryptocurrency exchanges and provides services to institutions and Web3 projects that require digital asset liquidity.
Since our establishment in 2021, we have been building market-leading HFT technology to deploy our liquidity provisioning algorithms. Our competitive advantage is our superior proprietary technology that leverages advanced machine learning and stochastic control techniques to provide our clients and partners with the best pricing in the market.
We are backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, Valar Ventures, Coatue, and Global Founders Capital. Our vision is to scale our technology across the full crypto infrastructure value chain.
Scope of the role
Quantitative Researchers play a key role on the Quantitative Research (“QR”) team, which is responsible for defining trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques.
- Generating ideas about signals regarding market raw data, verifying and validating hypothesis
- Using statistical analysis and machine learning to generate alpha signals for defining trading strategies
- Back-testing hypotheses, building predictive models, and producing systematic strategies
- Synthesising a variety of signals to forecast price returns using different techniques
- Designing and implementing optimisation algorithms for portfolio construction
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g.,machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment and good understanding of big data problematics
- Expert troubleshooting abilities with strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience in the financial market and trading environment
Required technical competencies (must have)
- Expert in Python (Pandas,NumPy, scikit learn, Tensorflow, matplotlib etc...) preferably with intermediate knowledge of C++
- Intermediate to very good knowledge of database applications (MongoDB, KDB)
- Familiar with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (unit testing, automatic build and release, peer-review, Jenkins, Jira, GNU Make / Cmake)
Preferred technical competencies
- Advanced knowledge in algorithms, network programming, operating systems, compilers
- Experience with running code in containerized environments is a plus, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud software/infra)
If interested apply directly or contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to your application!
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies: Portofino Technologies does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from recruiters or employment agencies in response to our career portal or our social media posts. Portofino Technologies will not agree to payment of any compensation or referral fee relating to these applications. Portofino Technologies reserves the right to hire these candidate(s) without any financial obligation towards the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers or any other Portofino employee, will be considered as property of Portofino Technologies.