CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
The Service Desk Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day IT support and troubleshooting of company laptops, mobile devices, and software. The Service Desk Technician will function as a Tier 1 resource for all stakeholders.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal stakeholders seeking technical assistance in-person, over the phone, or by email
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Escalate where needed to security, technology specialists and others to ensure resolution of problems
- Document all requests through Jira ticketing system
- Ensure proper and timely communication is occurring between technicians and other stakeholders
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows and MacOS, including the installation of software
- Configure iOS and Android devices using InTune and Jamf
- Perform moves, additions, and changes to user accounts using Active Directory
- Maintain an accurate inventory of company-owned software and hardware using Snipe-IT
- Assist in remediation of technology vulnerabilities
- Occasional after-hours remote support
- 100% on-site1 or more years of experience as an IT Help Desk or Service Desk technician
- System Administration experience preferred
- Willingness to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relay technical information to non-technical business units
- Solid assessment, and documentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)Organized and strong attention to detail
- General knowledge of enterprise software such as Active Directory, GSuite, Slack, Teams, and Office 365 is a plus
- This role is required to be in-office five days per week
Nice To Have
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
- Ability to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch and utilize various tools involved in the installation of computer equipment and properly operate required office equipment such as a personal computer, mobile devices, copier and the like. The incumbent is also required to transport items weighing up to 50 pounds
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by their supervisor.
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.