About the jobAt Mento Labs we aim to create a world in which the economy is denominated in local stable assets and to enable real world adoption of digital currencies. To build sustainable stable assets and a protocol that is used and loved by people and institutions around the world, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. Mento Labs is a technical powerhouse that combines engineering and economic excellence dedicated to building out the open and decentralized Mento protocol and ecosystem.
Mento Labs is seeking a Senior Smart Contracts Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As part of the Mento Labs you will help design and develop Mento's core smart contracts and help develop best practices and processes to ensure those smart contracts are secure. This includes the core stability mechanism, multi-chain deployments and decentralized reserve management.
- You'll be writing production-level code in Solidity, Typescript, and some rust/go/python.
- You'll be gathering requirements from Product Managers, Engineering Partners, and other key internal and external stakeholders in order to determine and implement changes to our core Smart Contracts
- You'll facilitate the guiding of the proposed changes to the core Smart Contracts
- You'll collaborate with third-party Smart Contract Auditors to ensure the quality assurance of the proposed changes as they go through our smart contract release process
Required Skills And Experience
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering primarily working in any of Typescript, Go, Rust, python.
- You have 1 - 2 years of experience in Solidity programming and using development frameworks like Foundry, Hardhat or Truffle.
- You have prior experience in deploying complex smart contract systems to a public blockchain (e.g. Ethereum)
- You are knowledgeable of the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- You have experience working with cloud-based platforms especially Google Cloud Platform
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- BONUS: You have experience working with third party smart contract auditors such as OpenZeppelin, Certora
- BONUS: You have worked on a smart contract system that have processed high dollar volume amount
- BONUS: You have knowledge of past and common smart contract exploits and know how to avoid them
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3 .
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at) celo.org . We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.